Parish Church St. Georgen

Despite the fact that a Romanesque church indisputably stood in the district of St. Georgen even before 1300, it was only as of 1437 that chronicles referred to a parish priest. It is assumed that this church, whose patron saint is St. George, was built in the High Middle Ages. The two wall paintings “Judgment Day” and “Coronation of the Virgin” were completed in 1623. The onion-shaped tower stems from a former monastery of Augustinian nuns in the Joseph Haydn Gasse. On the altar, which is dedicated to Mary, a depiction of the Blessed Virgin by Franz Storno of Ödenburg can be seen.

Information & Contact

Pfarramt St. Georgen-Eisenstadt
St. Georgener Hauptstraße 2
7000 Eisenstadt